Friday, August 27, 2010

Back in the Country and Back in Action

Hello! Wow it's been almost a month since I last posted! Africa was super awesome and I totally loved seeing all of the fantastic wildlife in their natural environment. It also made me really appreciate what a cushy life we have here in the United States. I didn't realize how much I took basic sanitation and good paved roads for granted until I went to Kenya. Plus imagine having to walk 6 miles every day to gather firewood to cook your food, or 3 miles to the nearest watering hole to wash your clothes by hand. It certainly put my life into perspective and gave me a lot of respect for the resourcefulness and determination of the people who live there. Not to mention a much deeper appreciation of being surrounded by modern appliances.

Here are a few pictures I took from the trip.





No comments:

Post a Comment