Friday, January 29, 2010

Photoshop fun

Since getting into poster and stationery design, I've almost entirely switched over to Illustrator for my artwork, although much of my previous artwork and design was done almost exclusively in Photoshop. Since it's been a while, I thought it'd be fun to make a quick and easy image of my hamster to mark her arrival in Santa Fe (based on our Hamster Across America project).

My original idea was to put her in front of a Santa Fe landmark or some pueblo buildings, but after doing a bunch of searching all I could find were pictures of streets and buildings. Places like the San Miguel Mission were nice, but she would have looked super tiny next to them, not to mention she's the same color as the buildings to boot. Annette had a great idea of putting her with some Indian pottery instead though, so a few photo shoots later and some Google Image searching and voila! Annette put up the picture on the Hamster Across America blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment